Wednesday, 1 January 2014

The SIlver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick Thoughts!

Hey everyone! First off, happy 2014! 2013 has been quite the year; hopefully 2014 will be even better!!

So I read Silver Linings a while ago, but never got to write a review because of the business and chaos! Anyway, instead of doing a fullout review, I thought I would just share some of the main points I loved about this book. 

- Amazing, realistic, and loveable characters. Pat, the main character, had me rooting for him the whole time. He was so interesting and dynamic, and frankly, funny! Loved some of the other characters too, like Tiffany, Cliff, and Jake!!
- Plot was super interesting! There were actually quite a few plot twists that kept me hooked, and the ending itself was so perfect. I swear. Those last couple of sentences. Pretty much how I felt at the end of the book:

Yes. I was the equvalent of Lavendar Brown obsessing over Ron. Except, I was obsessing over this book. Love.
- LOVED the short chapters!!! The were super quick and somehow, made the book a breeze to go through! :)
- Also loved the chapter "My Movie's Montage." I actually played the music along with the chapter. (If you've read the book, you know what I'm talking about)!
- Overall, it was honestly such a fun, heartwarming, and real book. It addressed a lot of the mysterious "questions of life" and keeps you wondering long after you are done the book. It really opened my eyes. What an adventure. :)

Definitely a must read.

Well that is all for this book! I may do a book-movie comparison later on, if I have time. Until next time, keep reading! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment