Monday, 9 December 2013

The Way I Rate Books: Star System!

Hello everyone! I thought I would quickly share how I rate the books I read. I don't really show many "star ratings" on my blog, but I do on Goodreads! Anyway this is going to be super quick, because I basically rate the books I read on enjoyability. I pretty much took the idea from Goodreads. Anyway, while literary elements, writing style, characters, settings, plot....all of that matters, I tend to usually just give a book 5 stars if I really loved reading it, or the idea of it! This is because I think that all those literary factors kind of contribute to the enjoyability of a book; which is why the most general way of rating one is by how much you liked the book. So anyway, I just use the Goodreads 5 star system, here it is (with my commentary about the system in brackets)! 

*     = did not like it (it was horrible)
**    = it was okay (meh: weak plots, characters, etc.)
***   = liked it (quite enjoyable, easy and simple read; nothing complicated or crazy)
****  = really liked it (Great. Awesome characters, plot, setting; however nothing to obsess over!!)
***** = it was amazing (Everything was amazing, brb while I obsess and fangirl over this book)

So this is pretty much it! During my reviews I may talk about different things depending on the book. Let me know if you guys want me to talk more about some things!! Also, I have decided I give books starred ratings on my book reviews on this blog too!

Until next time, see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment