Tuesday, 5 November 2013

Inside & Out Tag!


Was looking for a fun and quick tag to do, and came across this one! It's been around for quite a while but gonna do it anyway. :) The original tag was created by MathomBooks on youtube, go check him out! Inside & Out is an acronym, here it is!

I - Inside flap/Back of the book summaries: Too much info? Or not enough (Discuss)
Personally I like synopses. They usually don't have a lot of information, but in my opinion, I think it's exactly what it should be like! Just enough info to get a good idea of the book, but barely enough to really get a grasp of what's going on....makes you want to read on!!! :P

N - New book: What form do you want it in? Be honest: Audiobook, E-Book, Paperback, or Hardcover?
Paperback. Honestly, any format is fine, but I find paperbacks to be the most flexible and easiest to read with. The have all the great qualities of a physical book, however they aren't totally stiff and uncomfortable like hardcovers! Although hardcovers are gorgeous. :)

S - Scribble while you read? Do you like to write in your books, taking notes, making comments, or do you keep your books clean clean clean? (Tell us why)
Writing in my books isn't something I do very often, because I don't ever want to stop reading to write something in. However, occasionally I will write in a note or underline a quote if I really feel like it! I have no problem whatsoever with writing in books though; I think it's a great thing and livens up the book!

I - In your best voice, read for us your favorite 1st sentence from a book.
Well..this isn't a video so that wouldn't work. But my favourite 1st sentence would have to be... "Mr. and Mrs. Dursley of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much." I'm pretty sure we all know where this is from.... Harry Potter and the Philosoper's Stone!!!! I just love this line, it's the reason why I actually read Harry Potter in the first place! :D

D - Does it matter to you whether the author is male of female when you're deciding on a book? What if you're unsure of the author's gender? 
No. way. Never!!!!

E - Ever read ahead? or have you ever read the last page way before you got there? (Do confess thy sins, foul demon!) :)
Nope! I have flipped to pages ahead sometimes, but never read them. It wouldn't make sense!!!!

&

O - Organized bookshelves, or Outrageous bookshelves? 
OUTRAGEOUS all the way! My bookshelf is literally the craziest thing ever. It's so disorganized and messy and just an explosion of books. But I love it that way. 


Messy much? I didn't even realize this happened! :O
U - Under oath: have you ever bought a book based on the cover (alone)? 
Well I do admit, that I totally always judge books by their covers. I mean come on.... why do books even have covers, right??!! And I just love pictures and visuals and art and all that good stuff, so naturally, book covers are the first thing that draws me in. However, I still always read the synopsis; I wouldn't blindly buy a book! :P

T - Take it outside to read, or stay in? 
Honestly, it doesn't matter as long as I'm comfortable. (I won't be reading outside in the winter when it's -40c) And I always disappear into another world when I'm reading anyway, so my surroundings don't matter much to me! :)))


Anyway, that was my Inside & Out tag! I tag anyone who wants to do this (not tagging specifics because it's such an old tag), so if you're reading this and haven't done it...do it! I hope you all enjoyed, see you next time! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment