Sunday, 13 October 2013

The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith

Here's a quick review on The Cuckoo's Calling for you guys!

In terms of an enjoyable read, this book was literally sooooo good. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, and I just loved how it was written. I said this in one of my goodreads updates, but yes, I would have died if the last couple pages were missing or something. I just had to know the truth!

As for the characters, they were so well developed. Cormoran Strike is definitely now one of my favourite fictional characters. He's just so real, but at the same time, he had this air of mystery and confidence that only a private detective could have. Thinking of some of the other minor characters, I felt like I connected with them so well, even if they were only in the story for like one chapter.

Annnd then there is Lula Landry. The famous super model who fell to her death. The way other characters conveyed Lula in the book almost made me feel like I knew her. Crazy.


Speaking of Lula Landry and her death...what happened?? Was it suicide...or murder..

You will literally be dying to know what happened........or was it just me?

The writing style was awesome. It was simplistic, yet fitting to each character. If that makes sense. Sometimes it got a bit confusing because the story often changed perspectives between Robin (Cormoran Strike's assistant) and Cormoran, but it was quite easy to catch up! :)

Anyway one last thing: A mention of Harry Potter. Yes, I'm going to go there. But really though. In Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling had a way of always fitting soo many loose ends together. I remember the first time I read H.P., I was thoroughly amazed at how each and every loose end and detail fit with each other at the end. The Cuckoo's Calling was so similar in this way. Throughout the whole book, I literally didn't think we'd get an answer. There were so many questions, and so many details that just didn't make sense. But in the end, it was crazy how it all actually fit together. Insane.

PS. This book is not for younger readers.

PPS. READ THIS BOOK NOW.

2 comments:

  1. You've convinced me. It's on my Xmas Break TBR :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I loved this book so much; dying to grab the next Cormoran Strike as soon as it comes out. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

      Delete