Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Bursts of Inspiration!

For the past couple of days, I've been reading Looking for Alaska by John Green and Leaving Microsoft to Change the World by John Wood (on my October TBR)! And while both of these books were completely different, they both were very refreshing to read and just an explosion of inspiration!

Looking for Alaska was so so interesting. John Green has a way of conveying such deep and thoughtful messages through fictional teens to his young adult readers! This book was able to answer one of the many questions I've always asked myself...how do you get out of this cycle of sadness and suffering? Why are we all so sad, all the time? In the book, John Green asked, "How do we get out of this labyrinth of suffering?" Frankly, there were many answers. And if you want to hear what John Green (or in this case, Pudge, Colonel, and crew) has to say (and trust me, you do!!!), go read this book. Now.

As for Leaving Microsoft to Change the World, well, this book was completely different from what I've read before. This book brought up a cause that I was only mildly aware of before; lack of education. Education, and reading are things that are so important in my life and something I cannot imagine just not having. When I learned that there were so many kids across the globe who didn't even know what a computer was, or hadn't ever touched a book..it hit home. This is a seriously big issue that I think deserves a lot more attention, and I hope to get in on the action too! John Wood definitely showed the hardships and struggles of being able to make a change, however, he proved - by creating Room to Read - that if you are really passionate about something and you keep your mind to it, you can achieve anything! 





Check out these books guys, they are both definitely worth the read! Also check out Room to Read  (http://www.roomtoread.org/) and see what they are doing; it's amazing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment