Monday, 21 October 2013

Bookish Halloween Tag!!!


Hello guys! Here I am with a brand new tag for you all! I got tagged by Brianna @ For The Love of Books (go check her out, her blog is awesome!!) and I had lots of fun doing this, so thanks Brianna for tagging me!

This is a Halloween-related tag, originally from TheLibraryOfSarah's channel! So here goes nothing...

What is your favourite horror book?
Honestly, I haven't read much horror. But just earlier today, I was thinking about how awesome it would be to read one;\, and personally? I would prefer a horror book over a horror movie anyday...like, it would be way scarier! I've actually been wanting to read Carrie by Stephen King...but still deciding! I'll let you guys know if I pick up a horror though!! :D 

What is the scariest moment in a book you've read?
Hmmm. I guess I've read many many "scary" moments, but there was this one part in The Cuckoo's Calling that was pretty freaky: *SPOILER (kind of?)* When Cormoran Strike and John Bristow are in the dark office together, and the suspense is just crazy...and what happens next was just crazy. *Spoiler over* Anyway, I haven't read many "scary" moments where I had to get up to turn all my lights on or whatever, but I've definitely read a lot of heart-stopping moments! Especially from Harry Potter - those books were so crazy! :P 

Would you or have you ever dressed up as a book character for Halloween?
I actually haven't ever dressed up as a character, but I'd think it would be super fun to! I think if I were to dress up, I would dress up as either a consulting/private detective (Cormoran Strike/Sherlock Holmes) or a Hogwarts student!!!  

What do you think your favourite character would dress up as for Halloween?
A favourite character is really hard to choose.... I think I'm going to go with Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter! She's one of my absolute favourite characters. Anyway, considering her very unique and carefree personality, I think she would dress up as something crazy like a Crumple-Horned Snorkack....that is, if anyone actually knew what it looked like (HP fans, I hope you know what I'm talking about, normal people: I probably sound crazy right now :P )  

What is your favourite kind of horror? (gore, psychological thriller, spooky)
Like I mentioned earlier, I don't read much horror, however, I do fancy spooky classic-y horrors. You know... the whole haunted hotel, doors slamming......all that freaky fun stuff! :D 

If books were as cheap as candy, which one would you give out to trick-or-treaters?
Oh man! I would probably give out A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness or Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling, because both definitely have halloween-y elements, and are just absolutely amazing books!  

Halloween to-read list?
Check out my October TBR. Some other books that I'm reading/planning on reading are Splintered by A.G. Howard and Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter! :) 

Do you have any recommendations for some Halloween reads?
Hmmmhmmm. A Monster Calls isn't really too Halloween-ey, but still it's a must. read. Other than that, I'm not really sure! If you really want something horrifying, I've heard Stephen King is like a great writer. Check out Goodreads too, it's the best place to discover some books! :) 

Anywaay, that was the Bookish Halloween Tag! I had lots of fun doing this! I tag everyone, if you're reading this, go ahead and do the tag if you haven't already! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment