Friday, 26 October 2012

Harry Potter Quote Word Art - First Litspiration Challenge (Term 1)!!!

I finally finished my first litspiration challenge! I decided to make one of my favourite quotes (from HP) -- "It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore -- into some word art....

Choice of colours, images, etc: 
- Quote: I chose this quote because it has a lot of meaning to me. Ever since the first time I read it in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, I just fell in love with it. I couldn't stop reading it over and over again! I knew I had to use this quote for my litspiration challenge!
- Colours: I chose these colours (red and yellow) because they are the Gryffindor house colours at Hogwarts. I chose the Gryffindor colours because the Hoqwarts house thing is the first very important choice that Harry made for himself. Even though he didn't specifically choose Gryffindor, he made it clear that he didn't want to be in Slytherin, even if the Sorting Hat was seriously considering it (Harry could've easily followed Voldemort's path!). Speaking of the Sorting Hat....
- Image: I chose the Sorting Hat to go along with this quote for two reasons. The first being the same the reason I chose the colours red and yellow; Harry's first very important choice -- that changed his life -- was the Hoqwarts house thing, and that involved the hat. The second reason being that Dumbledore happened to be talking about the Sorting Hat during the conversation he is having with Harry in which he says this quote. 
- Font: I just chose this font because it looked very magical and fancy to me. :)

Side Notes:
- I made this word art using photoshop for any of you who were wondering.
- The Sorting Hat picture is NOT mine and I would like to give full credits to http://sahinduezguen.deviantart.com for the picture/drawing of the hat. (link to picture: http://sahinduezguen.deviantart.com/art/The-Sorting-Hat-254690969) *ALSO I have gotten persmission from the artist to use the picture...proof (I am @ravenclaw360):

8 comments:

  1. I love the one you chose! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Isn't it an awesome quote?!? :)

      Delete
  2. Kalindee this is great, awesome quote! The notes section is a neat addition, and I love that you asked for the artists permission too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You picture was amazing! There is no way I could have made anything that cool. Your description was very clear and detailed, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this looks so cool I love the quote you chose

    ReplyDelete